Shymkent city is a densely populated region with a huge potential of human resources. The city has more than 1 million people.
The main branches of the economy:
- Rich deposits of barite, coal, iron and complex ores, bentonite clays, vermiculite, talc, limestone, granite, marble, gypsum and quartz sand
- 1st place in the republic in uranium reserves
- 3rd place in reserves of phosphate rock and iron ore
- "Kentau Transformer Plant" - the only manufacturer of transformers in Kazakhstan
- The state support increases annually, which is aimed at the development of the agricultural sector.
- Subsidies to improve the affordability of field and garden work
- Subsidizing the cost of fuel and lubricants, the cost of laying and growing perennial plantations of fruit and berry crops and grapes, mineral fertilizers, herbicides, etc.
- City is included in the tourist route "Modern Silk Road"
- Formed a single tourist route of the southern regions - Zhambyl, Kyzylorda and Turkestan regions.
- Two new tourist routes have been developed:
- Safari tour in Suzak region;
- tour of the winery of Saryagash district Chateau Silk Alley